Preparations are being made

Preparations are being made


View from the hotel to Madison Square Garden.
Time for departure comes closer, and we look more and more forward to this travel. Just the other day my wife, Marlena, and I went to the mall to shop a bit for the travel. I badly needed some good shoes, as the ones I had made my feet hurt. As there also are firm restrictions to what's allowed to bring on an airplane nowadays, we needed to get hold on some items which meets the stringent requirements. We've also bought some large suitecases secondhand, so we are prepared for the travel. 

When I booked the travel, we also booked a room at a hotel nearby the JFK Airport. Recently I read some new reviews of the hotel, and it wasn't exactly flattering. I also wrote the hotel, who had advertised they offer to pick guests at the Airport. As I didn't knew how this functioned, I wrote to ask. It showed we had to take a shuttle bus to a specific place, where we could find some phones to call the hotel, then they would come to pick us up, BUT the shuttle bus only went once an hour. We thought to ourselves, that if the shuttle bus just had went, we could be enforced to wait long time at late hours. We didn't want to do so. 

We found a different hotel at Manhatten, just few minuts walk from Penn Station, where we are to go from next morning. We think it may be easier to get there late at the evening, rather in the morning rush hour. With a discount from the flight company, we was able to have a nice suite to about the same amount, as we was to pay at the other hotel. Biggest difference is, this hotel fee is without breakfast, but doesn't matter. There will be plenty of places to find something to eat.

Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Finding My Roots - A journey of DNA investigation...

DNA testing and ancestral research tools

Called by National media...