Less than a month

Time is running out


Now there’s less than a month until we’re going to the States for the first time of our lives. I almost can't believe.

Flight tickets has been purchased as well as Amtrack train tickets from New York to Albany. The first night in US we stay at a hotel near the airport. 

We have started preparing by lending suitcases and shopping items needed for the travel. 
As a family we have our own closed Facebook group, where I have shared YouTube videos of the type of planes we are going with and the Airports we are visiting. Lately I have shared video of Penn Station at Manhattan, and just found a video of the train travel by Amtrack we are going to make. I also found a video from someone driving around in Albany, NY, just showing out the city. I was not aware that Albany in fact is the capitol of New York State, but now I know. All this makes it easier to my children with Autism diagnosis to cope with the travel at all.
The first week we are going to stay at my big brothers house, and the second week at my moms house. 

I look forward to experience July 4th in USA. I have only “experienced” it in movies so far. Well, in Rebild Bakker, Denmark, we have the largest July 4th celebration outside USA about 1hour drive from where I live. I have never been to this celebration. 

I also look forward to see my fathers gravesite, even though it’ll be with lots of emotions. Finally I look forward to just spending time with my family getting to know them for real.

Oh, by the way, I yesterday was contacted by MyHeritage who might want to do a story on my on their GLOBAL network... 😱

As to the fact, many danes don't know where Albany, NY, is, and even less where Castleton on Hudson is, i put in this map below.





Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Finding My Roots - A journey of DNA investigation...

DNA testing and ancestral research tools

Called by National media...