Visit from National Weekly Magazine, celebrating our childrens birthday and visiting the doctor

Visit from National Weekly Magazine, celebrating our childrens birthday and visiting the doctor


March 7 I had a journalist and a photographer from a National Danish weekly magazine visiting. It was very cozy. We just sat down talking it all through, while the photographer once in a while did some photo shootings. After the talk, we did some choreographed photos shootings as well. I don't think ever there has been taking this many pictures of me in this short period of time. I look foreward to have a copy of the photos.

I have recieved the text to the article and commented. Monday next week the journalist might know which date it will be published.

 

March 9 we celebrated our children, who became 16 years old three days later. Sixteen is by the way nothing big here in Denmark. Well, you can have driving licens for a tractor, but that's about it.
The birthday celebration brought big part of the danish family together; my adoptive parents too. Now they were here, we had set up a KakaoTalk with my mom. My adoptive parents do not speak english, so I had to translate, but it was very nice for all of them to see each other and say hi to one another.

Today I went to the doctor. After I learned a bit of my biological familys medical history, I wrote him what I've learned. He replied he wished to have a chat with me, so that's why I went there this morning.

He asked me about finding my biological family and was gobsmacked with the story. He was sitting with his mouth open when I showed him the picture of my brothers and mother. He said, that is deffenetly the wildest story he have ever heard. At least until today.

I have been inviting offers for the travel to USA this Summer. It look a little bleak right now to reach the goal. The offers we have recieved costs almost $8,500 (56.000 dkr.) for the four of us. I think this is way too much. Much more than we can afford. We are now instead looking for another possibility instead. To not make any confusion, I prefer not to say how yet.

Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Finding My Roots - A journey of DNA investigation...

DNA testing and ancestral research tools

Called by National media...