Brothers - Similar and different

Brothers - Similarities and differences 

[To be updated]

I will start this entry to say how thrilled I am to have found my birth family, and to say how proud I am of my brothers, who I even haven't met yet, but slowly getting to learn a little better. I am amazed how similar we are in so many ways, but yet we also have our differencies as brothers does. 

I decided to appoint this entry to look at our similarities and differencies, and I have decided to make it dynamic in the sense I will update the entry as I learn more.

Why is this so important to me? It is because during the years I have debated much in what scale our personality is influenced by our heritage or by the inviroment. I have argued that heritage is the largest influencer to our personality, while many around me argues based on what they have learned of psychology at School, that inviroment is the largest influencer.

Well, I can only say for my part, that I found heritage is a far more influencer on our personalities, than inviroment may be. When comes to values and behavior according to national or local traditions, inviroment is the largest influencer. This is my experience. 

Humor

One of the first things I learned is how much all of us loves fun, making jokes and doing crazy stuffs and practical jokes. As far I have learned, our late father was just about the same. To me I just cannot help it; it just bursts out of me. How we individually does this, I am no familiar with yet, but to myself I catch words said and written mistakenly and just runs with it. It can both be others, but also myself. I have a large sense of self ironic humor and doesn't mind making a little fool of myself. Like yesterday I was talking to come fellow students, who too are doing some genealogy research, about how to find birth registrations. As I lately have been talking and writing a lot of english, I got the word 'Birth' mixed up with the danish word for the same: "Fødsel", and somehow this came out to be: "Bøsseregistrering" (Gay Registration). I told some friends, and we had a great laugh. A friend from study I hold dear, is just such a clown with words and it is insanely funny what comes out of his mouth all the time never intending to. I keep a dictionary on what he is saying, and sometimes we bring it up when we need a good laugh. To me I am good finding the humor in crazy or not so flattering situations of mine or ours. 

Story tellers

Writing with my brothers, and reading Facebook entries I can tell we share the gift of story telling. The way we build up the stories we are telling are very similar. We tend to start from the beginning and slowly adding more and more details and reactions to the story saving the best for last, and then finally giving the big point at the end. 
As far I understand my older brother, my nephew dreams of becoming an Author. Well, if he inherited this story telling gift, he surely has the talent for it. And as his dad has said to him, after learning the family story of me, he surely got a really good story to start by. And perhaps he some day will become an Author, just like his newfound uncle is. 😉 I primarily published scientific articles, but I am the Auther of an Ebook in danish on Autism diagnoses, explained to relatives and relations in all, which has become very popular and recommended from specialists. 

Cooking

Another thing I found at least my older brother and I share, is the love of cooking and barbecuing. I have asked him to teach me some good recipes whenever we meet. My strength in cooking is making things up on the spot. Looking at which ingredients I have to do with and then imagining up what I can make out of it. 

Leadership

I have also noticed that all three of us are some sort of leaders. My brother Len who used to travel around US teaching others, now managing the computersystems at the local school and managing front end desk at ....... My brother Al being ingeneering supervising building constructions, making sure that it all is done the right way striwing for perfection. I have not been leader in my jobs, but I have been chairman of boards in several different unions. When I see a need I start organising what ever may be needed to meet the need. These are three ways of leading, but when it comes in all, it is just about the urge of doing something and make it for the better. 

Love of Family

I also see the love of the family running in the veins all the way from both our parents. Oh, my parents has the most amazing and beautiful love story you can imagine which go beyond all the best novels you can find. My mum won't like me to share it in public, but their story alone is basis for the best romantic drama movie you could come across.

Handwriting

Even the handwriting, I have been told, I have in common with my older brother, Len. How is that even possible? We've been raised on different Continents and never met. I even feel I got the most sissy handwriting of all men. I was raised on a farm far away from anyone in my age. When I was bored, I was practicing my handwriting. Yup, that was what I was doing.

Computers

I have also learned my brothers are good with computers; well at least Len is  I suppose as being an IT supporter. I am not a nerd when comes to computers, but I do know a little above average. It just comes naturaly to me. When I began at Merchant College in late 90s I had never really used a computer before - not for anything requirering a little more skills than just writing. I just sat starring at the computer for the first couple of hours, didn't knew what to do. Within three months I assisted the teacher in teaching my schoolmates. 

Dog owners

Finally so far, I learned we are all three of us dog owners. Len having a Pock, me having a Danish-Swedish Farm dog and Al having a German Shepard. Well, you cannot have one of these little sissy barfing bundles as a marine, can you?! 😂

Santa Claus Syndrome

Making lists, checking them twice. That's us. Recently I had a good belly-laugh, as our mother told me, that Len had been making lists of things we could go and see. Doing such a thing is SO me. My wife usely rolls her eyes when I begin doing this, but that's how I am, or we are. When I told her, she put her head in her hands laughing and shaking her head, asking: "How am I going to cope with this?" 







Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Finding My Roots - A journey of DNA investigation...

DNA testing and ancestral research tools

Called by National media...